Skip to content
PrivateCorporate customersService points
Sustainability at MatkahuoltoOur sustainability goalsOur sustainability programmeSustainability reportingCommitments and principles
Log in
Sustainability at MatkahuoltoOur sustainability goalsOur sustainability programmeSustainability reportingCommitments and principles

We need to bring down emissions from transport in Finland – and Matkahuolto has a big role to play in it

Sustainability is at the core of Matkahuolto’s operations. Sustainability cuts across our entire organisation and is seamlessly integrated into our everyday practices. Our work is guided by our sustainability programme established in 2020.

We promote sustainable parcel and digital transport services and develop our sustainability work in close cooperation with our employees and partners. The focus of our parcel services is on seamless cooperation with our nationwide partner network and on our environmentally friendly transport solutions. Together with transport operators, we have been promoting public transport for 90 years.

Our goal is to halve emissions from all our operations and be carbon neutral by 2030.

News

We participate in the circular economy and recycle our IT equipment

We recycle our end-of-life IT equipment. By recycling equipment, we saved more than 37 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions last year. Up to 88% of the equipment we recycle has been successfully refurbished for reuse, and the remaining 12% has been subjected to materials recycling.

Read more →

Our carbon footprint was significantly reduced in 2023

Our emissions calculation shows that over the past year we have managed to significantly reduce our carbon footprint compared to 2020. As a result of our emission reduction measures, our total emissions decreased by 25%.

Read more →

Consumers see us as the most sustainable parcel and logistics brand in our industry

Finnish consumers see us as the most sustainable parcel and logistics brand in the 2024 Sustainable Brand Index study. The study is based on consumer perceptions and assessments of brand sustainability.

Read more →